View more on Flickr
Tuesday, Aug 9-Friday, Aug 12, 2016
Ashokan Family Camp will activate your fun button with music, dance, singing, storytelling, puppet making, nature trails, crafts, swimming and family play time. Our superb music and creative staff is ready to teach all levels from beginner on up. Community dances, group sings, jam sessions, storytelling, spontaneous creativity and quality time in the great outdoors… age-old ways that enhance well-being and bring people together. From babies to teens and parents to grandparents, Ashokan Family Camp will leave you with hearts full of happiness and family memories that will last a lifetime.
- Begin or improve on the guitar, fiddle, mandolin, ukulele, banjo or percussion
- Join community sings (rounds, chorus songs, call & response & more)
- Enjoy accessible community dancing
- Hike nature trails, swim and enjoy other outdoor activities
- Make puppets and join a puppet show
- Try blacksmithing or broom-making and bring home a durable family treasure
- Take part in jam sessions and slow jams
- Join a teen band or mixed age band
- Make musical instruments from junk
- Write songs and learn to lead songs
About Classes and Age Groups
We offer classes for children as young as age 4 without a parent, but parents are always welcome. Some young children may benefit more by participating in a class with a parent. All under 4 classes are parent-child.
2016 Staff To Be Announced
Tentative Class List
Subject to change Teen Band, Fiddle, Mandolin, Ukulele, Guitar, Banjo, Singing (Rounds, Harmony, Singing for the fun of it), Folk Dance (Squares, contras & more), Home Made Instruments, Puppetry & Puppet Making, Community Rhythm, Slow Jams, Nature Walks, Talks & Crafts!
While the 2016 schedule is being developed, you may, view the 2015 Family Camp Schedule Here
Tuition and Meals
Tuition includes all classes, dances, workshops, and meals.
Lodging is additional.
You may select regular, vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-free meals. We make every effort to include a range of allergen-free dishes and to inform diners of meal ingredients.
You may hold your place with a partial deposit per person. Full payment is due no later than six weeks before camp begins.
Partial refunds are available until two weeks before camp begins. To cancel, please log into the account you created when registering on Regonline and select the option to cancel. Cancellation fees apply.
Enjoy the full Ashokan experience and choose comfortable onsite lodging as part of the registration process. More information and costs here.
What to Bring
- If you are staying onsite: Sleeping bag or sheets, blanket, pillowcases, towels, soap, toiletries. There are light quilts in each private room and a small number of light blankets for those bunkhouse residents who are unable to bring one of their own. If you will need us to provide one, please let us know well in advance and we’ll do our best.
- Flashlight, camera.
- Clothes and shoes for wet and dry weather.
See this What To Bring/Camp Summary for more details about what to bring, the schedule for camp, directions to Ashokan and other important information.
Registration will once again be available online. Watch for our announcements on facebook (see below).
Would you like to be notified about upcoming Ashokan Music & Dance Camp events and announcements regarding camp registration dates? Sign up to receive our emails!