Nestled in New York’s beautiful Catskill Mountains amid beautiful forests, meadows, and streams, The Ashokan Center is a natural, serene, and inspirational setting. Our new sustainably-designed facilities blend with the beauty of nature, creating a place where guests feel at home and inspired to learn. View a map of the campus.
Read the information below and select your preference for lodging when you register. You’ll need to bring your own blankets, linens or sleeping bag, towels and toiletries. Pillows are available. Light quilts are provided in private rooms.
If you need accessible lodging, please contact us before registering.
Or you may of course choose to stay offsite.
The recently completed multi-purpose Esopus Lodge houses our performance hall, dining hall, classrooms, and the kitchen. The performance hall has beautiful vaulted ceilings, sprung dance floor, large stage, and sound equipment. For many, the food at the Ashokan Center is the highlight of their experience. Chef William Warnes takes pride in creating delicious meals that are appealing to all of the senses with locally sourced natural and organic ingredients.
Longhouse Lodge is a welcoming, spacious, and comfortable two story bunkhouse. With handcrafted log bunk beds and a spacious, airy feel, Longhouse is a perfect mix of rustic and modern. It is divided into four wings. There is one private room with a queen bunk (twin on top) in each wing. The bathroom is shared. Guests must bring their own linens or sleeping bag, a pillowcase, a light blanket, towels and toiletries. Pillows are provided. There are a small number of light blankets for bunkhouse guests who are unable to bring one of their own. If you will need us to provide one, please let us know well in advance and we’ll do our best. View current rates here.
Sycamore Lodge provides an intimate feel that is perfect for smaller groups. Its four bedrooms are linked by a spacious common area with mini-fridge and sink, and each has a queen bunkbed (twin on top), a standard bunkbed, and private bath. The upper level has a beautiful porch. Guests must bring their own linens or sleeping bag, a pillowcase, towels and toiletries. Pillows and light quilts are provided. View current rates here.
Red Maple Lodge is conveniently located adjacent to the dining hall and gathering spaces of the Esopus Lodge. Red Maple features eight private rooms, each with two bunkbeds and a private bath. Both levels have a covered porch, and the second floor has a shared lounge area. Guests must bring their own linens or sleeping bag, a pillowcase, towels and toiletries. Pillows and light quilts are provided. View current rates here.
- Convenient on-site camp spaces are available for most events. Campers have access to bathroom/shower facilities. You must bring all of your own equipment. View current rates here.
Bunkhouse Style / Common Room Costs
- $30 per person, per night. Each wing of the Longhouse (men, women, and co-ed/family) has a shared bathroom with showers and 12 bunk beds.
- If you are registering for a group, and all of you are staying in the bunks, please be sure to select a bunkhouse option (men, women or coed/family) for EACH PERSON in the group.
Private Room Costs
- Private room rates listed are per night, per group, no matter the size of your group.
- The Longhouse: $120 per night – for up to 3 people per room. Queen bottom/twin top, shared bath.
- Red Maple Lodge: $140 per night – up to 4 people per room. Two twin bunk beds, private bath.
- Sycamore Lodge: $160 per night – up to 5 people per room. Two bunk beds, one with queen bottom, private bath.
- How to Choose a Private Room when Registering Online
- The entire room fee is charged to a single person in the group, so only the person paying for the room should select it from the list when registering. Select the appropriate private room (Maple, Sycamore or Longhouse) for the person who will be paying for it and when registering others in your group, select the “sharing with” option, so that they are not charged again.
- Everyone does not have to register at the same time but only the person paying for the room should select it. If roommates register and pay camp fees separately, they should select the “sharing with” option in lodging to avoid being charged for the room. It is important that they enter the name of the person paying in the “sharing with” field.
- Limited Availability/Waitlisting
If private rooms do not appear as an option during registration, they are currently not available. You can opt to be on a waiting list for a private room and register for a bunk or camping in the meantime, or opt to stay offsite. We sometimes have special offsite lodging offers—contact us if interested.
- Note: Private rooms are intended for groups or families. We do not assign roommates.
- $15 per night, per person. Campers have access to bathroom/shower facilities. You must bring all other equipment.
- If you are registering for a group, and all of you are staying in the bunks or camping, please be sure to select the camping option for EACH PERSON in the group.